Friday, September 23, 2011

Vintage Gios Cyclocross bike


I don't know what it is about vintage Cyclocross bikes, but I'm a fan. Heck, vintage in general is making a big comeback in America right now, and I think that's a good thing. Anyway back to bikes and this awesome Gios Cyclocross bike:


I've posted a vintage Gios cross bike on here in the past but this bike is seriously cool.


I'd probably put cross pedals on it and hook up the front brake! but otherwise she's perfect. Anyone ever own one, ride one?

Source: Flickr

1 comment:

John said...

Yes! I used to have one many years ago. I bought it at the New York bicycle show back in the 70's. I was leaving when a guy in the Gios stand asked me if I wanted to buy it since he did not want to pack it up. We worked out a deal and I rode it back to my hotel. I miss it desperately, along with my Albert Eisentraut and Allegro track bike. Every now and then I check out Ebay for one but have never seen another except for your image.