Monday, September 11, 2006

Sacramento Cyclocross series starts this weekend.


Sacramento, my cx alma mater, is having their first cyclocross race this weekend. The series kicks off with the Folsom Rodeo. I did it last year, and found it to be pretty challenging, that is until my wheels flatted. There were a lot of flats there last year. I wouldn't show up unless you're running rim strips or Tufo Slime in your wheels.

Series link.

Sunday, September 17 Race Folsom Rodeo, Folsom CA
Sunday, September 24 Race Lagoon Valley, Vacaville, CA
Saturday, September 30 Race Gateway Park, Penn Valley, CA

Sunday, October 15 Race Howard Park, Ione, CA Saturday x2 points
Saturday, October 21 Race Rancho Seco, Herald, CA
Saturday, October 28 Race Negro Bar, Folsom CA (Halloween Theme)

Saturday, November 04 Race Granite Bay Beach, Folsom, CA
Saturday, November 11 Race Rancho Seco, Herald, CA
Saturday, November 18 Race Condon Park, Grass Valley, CA

Saturday, December 2 Race Granite Park, Sacramento, CA

Bonus: is that this year there will be 2 Giant bikes given away to the male and female with the most points amongst the A's and B's.

Note: photo above, taken by myself of a B racer and friend at the Folsom Rodeo a year ago. The bike is the Custom Cross #4 Rocklobster.

1 comment:

jimbo said...

It is tough to keep air in your tires. I flatted twice in my 45 minute race last year.