Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Custom Cross #17: Erik's Spot





This bike while stock geometry is a custom size because the tube set they used did not offer a long enough downtube for a frame this big. I also had them do disc only dropouts before almost anyone else I knew was doing SS disc mounts, especially on CX bikes.

Also I'll send info on my nearly 16lb '06 61cm Bianchi Cross Concept after I make one or two more mods.

Details:

frame manufacturer:
Spot Brand
frame model:
Cyclocross 61cm
fork:
Dimension Cross Disc
headset:
CK, not Calvin Klein
bottom bracket:
World Class Ti
cranks:
Race Face Turbine LP 175mm w/ 42t RF DH ring
pedals:
Speedplay Frog
chain:
KMC Z-410RB
freewheel/cog:
ACS Claws 18t
front rim:
Velocity Aerohead 32-hole
rear rim:
Velocity Aerohead 32-hole
front hub:
Spot Disc
rear hub:
Spot Disc
seatpost:
Thomson Laiiiid Back
saddle:
Selle Italia Flite
stem:
Thomson 110mm
bars:
Salsa Bell Lap 46cm
grips:
Cinelli Cork
brakes:
Avid Mechanical Road Disc
brake levers:
Campagnolo Record Carbon & Paul CrossLever
tires:
Vittoria Cross XG Pro 32c
words from the owner:
This bike literally came to me in a dream and two years later it happened thanks to a stolen road bike/insurance windfall. Spot built it custom for me, but it is essentially one size larger than they offer stock. It includes a Dimension Incredi-bell, Redline Chain Tensioners and is the Florida Cat IV State Cyclo-X Champion. It will eventually receive a Vicious Cycles or Spot Brand or Sibex Ti disc fork once I can afford one of them (feel free to email w/ a suggestion or opinion). I will likely remove the rear brake and install a 19tooth fixed cog on one side and retrofit a 20tooth on the disc side, but we'll see. Thanks for drooling, now wipe yourself off.

Erik DeKold
Bianchi USA

No comments: