Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Colnago: Waiting for packages



So, you'd be surprised how hard it is not to spend $80 on an Italian Octalink bottom bracket these days. I bought the Dura Ace 7700 cranks, which look so sweet, they have that retro Campy cleanliness to them, but they take the Octalink. Anyway, I got one on order, and it should be here in days, hours, any moment now.

Also, you'd be surprised how hard it is to find white brake and shift housing at an LBS. I went to like 5 shops here in Portland and then called another 4 and no one had any. How hard is it to stock white? I guess pretty damn hard. So I ordered some off Ebay. That's on its way.

Stems: I really want a pantographed Colnago stem. There I said it. Am I willing to pay $120 for it, maybe. Thats how bad I want one. But in the meantime, I have a Cinelli quill that will work, also I have a chrome quill on its way from where else but ebay.

Saddles: You can see in the pic above what saddle I have right now, some Selle Royale white rubber thing. Fairly period, but been thinking about a chopped honey Brooks. Looks pretty cool. And the chopping makes it look a little less townie. If that makes sense.



Anyway, I cant do crap until I get the BB and the cables. All the other stuff, like the saddle and such can wait til a later date. I wanna get this thing built so it can be ridden.

1 comment:

erikv said...

I've been waiting forever to see the final package. Is it done yet? Do show!