Friday, September 19, 2008

Lightweight Cyclocross Bike: Josh's Rocklobster



Josh sent in photos of his Rocklobster 2 years ago. Now, he's just built it up with new components take a look.

Josh wrote:
"This thing is pretty through the roof. It's the Scandium frame that I've had for the last couple seasons with all Easton's top stuff and shimano. I have the new EC-90 SLX carbon cranks and the lightest carbon tubulars they make so I think the bike is right around 16 lbs. The cranks are really crazy looking.

Frame- Custom Rock Lobster Easton scandium
Fork- Easton EC-90x
Wheels- Easton EC-90 SLX carbon tubulars
Tires- Challenge Grifo 32
Cranks- Easton EC-90 SLX crankset
BB- Easton w/ceramic bearings
Headset- Chris King 1-1/8"
Bar- Easton EC-90 SLX Equipe
Stem- Easton EA-90 100mm
Seatpost- Easton EA-70
Pedals- Crank Brothers 4-ti
Brakes- Paul Neo-retro front, touring rear
Shifters- Shimano DA
Front Der.- Shimano DA
Rear Der.- Shimano Ultegra
Chain- Shimano Ultegra
Saddle- Fizik Airione

I'll go and weigh this thing on a digital scale later today. On a very primitive hanging scale it looks to be 16 lbs. It's freaky to pick it up.

Thanks man- josh"









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice I want it!!!

liquidwrench said...

I got it on a scale, it weighs 16.22 lbs! I also raced it at CCCX this weekend and everything worked great. The proof is here:

teamrockblogster.blogspot.com/

Thanks for looking!

bastillecx said...

Bravo! Beautiful bike. But I must ask, what was the total build price?