Saturday, September 20, 2008

Lightweight Cyclocross Bike: Ben's Redline



Ben sent in photos of his Redline cross bike:

"This is my size 60cm 17.6lb Redline Conquest Pro. The frame and fork are not super light but with a full dose of Dura Ace and Zipp 303 tubulars, it still ends up pretty light.

Conquest Pro frame/fork 60cm, 12cm stem
Dura Ace drivetrain with, XT BB, XTR pedals
46/39 front, 12-25 rear
Zipp 303 tubulars
Challenge Griffos 32
King headset
Specialized Sworks Carbon H.B.
EA70 carbon post
Old Deore front / Avid Tri-Align rear brakes

17.6lbs

I tried to like Eggbeater pedals because they are so light, but in the end, I switched back to SPD’s.

I built it from the ground up with the frame I got from Ross at Sun Country Bikes in TX. It has some touches I really like.

Ben's Bike Blog








1 comment:

Scott Sweeney said...

Is that a V-brake noodle running to the cable hanger???