Thursday, December 15, 2011

a temporary return

Six years ago, November 2005, I started this little personal blog devoted to my experience with cyclocross. Readership increased and Google started ranking me higher and higher up the results page.

While, I'm not nearly as devoted to updating the site as I once was, I know you all forgive me. For those that were some of the original fans (and are still here to appreciate it), I've returned the colors back to the original black/white/red theme. Temporarily at least.

Not sure I should even admit this, but I, as the creator of the #1 cyclocross blog...


...don't currently even own a cyclocross bike. I hear your gasps of horror and they shame me. Through three major moves (Sacramento to Portland Oregon to Boston and then back to Sacramento), the herd has thinned. You'll be happy to know that I do still own bikes and I still ride the Raleigh conversion cyclocross beast for transportation purposes here and there. Though even that has thinned lately as well, with purchasing our first home and expecting a baby girl in February, I've been busy.

Back to the content and lack of updating --- I need your help with that. We'd all like to see your awesome cross rig, but to do that you need to email it to me at plusonelap at gmail dot com.

Also, are there any ladies reading this? I'm not sure if I remember receiving one reader ride from a female, that's you're fault cross-chicas, not mine. You know, I'll start an entire "gallery" of women's cyclocross bikes so long as someone sends me one. And it doesn't even have to be under 18 pounds or handmade. It could even be submitted by a doting hubby or boyfriend who does read this. One last thing, due to the lack of posts on my part, I recommend subscribing to the site via Google Reader or the like.


No comments: