Monday, January 11, 2010

Lightweight Cyclocross Bike: Joe's Yeti







I Love the website and find myself checking it all the time to see the new bikes. Finally decided to send mine over and see if it makes the website. I think it might be the first Yeti but not sure. On my
semi-accurate and hanging from the doorframe scale it comes in at just over 17.5 pounds. This is as clean as she's been in about a year so I thought I better send in the pictures before the next weekly race.

The Build:
Frame/Fork - Yeti Arc-X (size small) and Easton EC-90x
Drivetrain - All Sram Force except for FSA SL-K Cranks (going to be moving to smaller Thorne chainrings shortly. Some days I think I'm the only amateur that can admit they cannot comfortably race a 46T)
Cassette - Sram 1070
Wheels - Ksyrium SL SSC
Brakes - TRP Euro X with Swiss Stop pads
Stem/Seatpost - Ritchey WCS wet black finish
Handlebars - FSA Wing Pro (Compact) - white
Saddle - Selle Italia SLR-xp
Tires - Ritchey Speedmax 700x32 (swapped with Kenda SB8's when need more traction)
Pedals - Had been running Crank Brothers 2Ti, but now switching over to to Look Quartz

Guess that's about it. She's not near as light as all the carbon frame/wheel bikes but she can take an insane pounding without a hiccup. Plus I'm not in fear of having to drop $200 for new carbon bars should I eat in a race...which is always a 50/50 proposition for me.

Best,
Joe

No comments: